Summer is on the way out and with those scorching hot days goes your constant awareness to stay hydrated via water. But should it? We acknowledge that occasionally chugging a bottle of Gatorade when competing in a sporting event or working long hours in the sun is good. You need those electrolytes!
But Physicians First Messages is here to remind you there’s no better way to stay properly hydrated than by drinking
H2O, every day, all year long.
And lots of it.
Here’s a handful or reasons why the consumption of water should be a priority:
1. Did you know drinking water could help prevent cancer? According to breakingmuscle.com, staying hydrated can
reduce risk of colon cancer by 45 percent, bladder cancer by 50 percent and possibly reduce breast cancer as well.
2. Drinking water can help you think clearer and by happier! According to research, dehydration can affect your
mood and make you grumpy and confused.
3. Here’s an old favorite … drinking water can help you lose weight! Drinking plenty of H2O can serve as an
appetite suppressant and help with weight loss.
4. Our digestive systems need water to properly function. Because waste is flushed out via urine and sweat, if we
don’t drink enough of water, it’s not flushed out properly. What’s more, if we don’t flush out waste, it collects
in our body and could potentially cause problems. Combined with fiber, water can help prevent constipation.
5. Finally, drinking water can prevent headaches! Because dehydration can cause that annoying head pain, consuming
aqua may spare you the pounding associated with headaches.
Remember, you’ll stay hydrated by drinking 64 ounces of water a day. Need a reminder? Constantly carry a water
bottle with you and keep in mind, raw fruits and vegetables are dense in water. So eat up!
Owner and operator
THIS IS PFMI'S BLOG. YOU CAN HEAR OUR THOUGHTS ON A VARIETY OF TOPICS BY FOLLOWING OUR POSTS. TO SEE EVEN MORE OF
OUR ACTIVITY, FOLLOW US ON TWITTER, VISIT OUR FACEBOOK, OR CONNECT WITH US ON LINKEDIN!